How to roll a Panama hat
A panama hat (toquilla straw hat) is a traditional brimmed straw hat of Ecuadorian origin. Traditionally, hats were made from the plaited leaves of the Carludovica palmata plant, known locally as the toquilla palm or
Here's how to roll your new Panama hat
1. Start by wearing your new Panama Hat
for a few days/weeks to soften the fibres
3. Turn down the brim and gently flatten
the Panama hat. Make sure you are not tightly folding,
pinching or crushing the delicate natural fibres,
particularly near the crown.
4. You should now have an almost triangular
shape. But try not to make it too tight –
you should not actually fold the edges.
5. Now gently roll the Panama hat, starting from the brim on one side.
Be careful not to roll it too tightly, especially when it is new.
6. Now it is rolled, you can carefully place your Panama hat in
your storage tube or box and head to the sun!
To unroll your Panama Hat
Try to unroll your hat as soon as you can. The straw can be likened to
linen - the hat may pick up some creases from being rolled, but most of
these will drop out once it is back in use.
These genuine Panama hats are all available on amazon many with next Day delivery